bad blurbs

A pity, but I couldn’t bear to go back into these pages even to save my favorite bookmark.
--
I noticed there was a bookplate inside the front cover, and under ‘ex libris’ someone had hastily scrawled ‘Anonymous’.
--
May I suggest that not all books need to be printed on acid-free paper.
--
I can easily imagine finding this book at a library book sale stamped ‘WITHDRAWN’.
--
It’s not a good sign that even prison libraries are refusing donated copies of the book.
--
In poetry the less said the better.
--
Leaving the bookstore that slight pang of buyer’s remorse I felt after spending $24.99 was nothing compared to the full-blown reader’s despair I suffered once I got home.
--
It’s often said that poetry is impossible to translate. In this case any translation would trigger an international incident.
--
I found my mind flashing on scenes from Fahrenheit 451…it was a real ‘page-burner’.
--
Being blind wouldn’t be so bad. At least in Braille my fingertips would have gotten a nice massage if nothing else from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment